Delicously flavored with Amaretto; For those with children; as these cook the alcohol evaporates, leaving a wonderful almond flavor to the yams. From my dear friend, Carole, who is no longer with us.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook yams in boiling water long enough to soften, but still firm.
- Peel and cut into 1/2" slices. Peel and core apples; slice thinly.
- In a butter casserole dish, altenate layers of yams, apples and pineapple, dotting with butter, sprinkling with cloves and sugar--until all are used.
- Pour Amaretto over all.
- Cover and bake for 30-40 minutes or until apples and sweet potatoes are tender.