Delicously flavored with Amaretto; For those with children; as these cook the alcohol evaporates, leaving a wonderful almond flavor to the yams. From my dear friend, Carole, who is no longer with us.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook yams in boiling water long enough to soften, but still firm.
- Peel and cut into 1/2" slices. Peel and core apples; slice thinly.
- In a butter casserole dish, altenate layers of yams, apples and pineapple, dotting with butter, sprinkling with cloves and sugar--until all are used.
- Pour Amaretto over all.
- Cover and bake for 30-40 minutes or until apples and sweet potatoes are tender.
OUTSTANDING! Great flavor, easy prep! I used just a bit more than 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar! Also steamed the yams, then sliced but did not peel, since I like the flavor of the skin! Maybe not as pretty in the end, but very tasty! Definitely a keeper to make again & again! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]
What a wonderful combination! Full of flavor and not overly sweet - just right. I cooked my yams too much at the beginning, so I didn't layer the ingredients so much as mix them together - but it didn't matter - it was delicious. Thanks for posting!