1 hr 5 mins
I used this recipe at my company's chili cook-off and it came first. I spent weeks after it writing down the recipe for everyone. It takes no time to prepare and its guaranteed to wow everyone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 44 ounces canned great northern beans (drain & rinse)
- 24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 8 ounces canned green chilies
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese
- 3 -4 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- sour cream (to garnish)
- 1In a saucepan bring chicken and broth to simmer and cook over low heat until the chicken is fully cooked (about 10 minutes).
- 2Once cooked take out of the pan and set on a plate to cool, then using your hands finely shred.
- 3Strain the broth and set aside.
- 4Heat oil in a large saucepan, add in onion, and garlic and sweat until onion turns clear.
- 5Add green chillies, cumin, cayenne pepper and mix in well.
- 6Add in beans, shredded chicken, chicken broth, and bring to a slow boil.
- 7Add in cheese and let simmer for 5-10 minutes. It gets better with more simmer so I suggest you taste and stop cooking when its just right for you.
- 8Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Garnish with sour cream and jalepenos.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chili
Serving Size: 1 (545 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 718.9
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 135.6 mg
- Sodium 1119.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.3 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 70.9 g