1/3 Photos of Watermelon Pickles
24 hrs 30 mins
This recipe was given to me by a Grand Southern Lady who wrote on the recipe card-they's about the same-I like this best. I like them too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the outer green and inner pink part of the rind.
- 2Place in a large glass bowl and cover with a brine made from the 3/4 cup salt and 3 quarts water.
- 3Cover with ice and let stand 6-7 hours.
- 4Drain, rinse and drain again.
- 5In a large pot add the rind and just cover with cold water.
- 6Cook until JUST tender-around 10 minutes.
- 7Dont overcook.
- 9Tie spices in a spice bag.
- 10Combine sugar, vinegar, 3 cups water and spice bag and boil 5 minutes.
- 11Remove spice bag-reserve.
- 12Pour syrup over rinds and add lemon slices.
- 13Let stand overnight at room temp.
- 14Heat rind and lemon in syrup and boil.
- 15Cook until rind is translucent-around 10 minutes.
- 16Pack hot into clean hot jars.
- 17Add 1 piece of cinnamon from the spice bag to each jar.
- 18Cover with boiling syrup leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- 19Process in a boiling water bath at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
Browse Our Top Melons Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Melons Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Watermelon Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (6177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1274.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16999.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 323.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 320.3 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: