This is my favorite way to make potato salad. I prefer it warm but eat it cold also. The measurements are all approximate.
- Scrub the unpeeled red potatoes under running water and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Place in sauce pan with eggs and enough water to cover both by about 1/2 inch.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and boil for 11 minutes.
- Peel and chop hard boiled eggs and add to potatoes in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in mayo, using enough to coat all the potatoes evenly. Add mustard and stir to distribute.
- Salt and pepper to taste. I use a lot of salt. Serve warm within the hour or chill for later.