Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From the Voodoo restaurant, as published in the Toronto Star a long time ago. Not for the calorie conscious but delicious ... it's nice to indulge once in a while. Prep and cooking times are estimate.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs uncooked penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 1⁄2 cups crushed canned tomatoes
- 2 cups whipping cream (35%)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Grilled Cajun Chicken
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- Cook pasta until all dente.
- Melt butter; add onion and garlic; cook 1 minute; add Cajun seasoning and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes and simmer, uncovered, until reduced by half; add cream and simmer until reduced by half; add drained pasta; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To prepare Cajun chicken topping for pasta: brush chicken breasts lightly with oil, then generously season with Cajun seasoning mix; grilled until cooked, then slice and arrange on top of pasta.
I printed this recipe over a year ago and finally got around to making it last night. It was excellent! I overdid the cajun seasoning (figured I'd use up the last in the jar), so it was a little too spicy, but that was my fault. If this wasn't so stinking fattening, it would be a regular on our dinner menu. Fattening or not, I will definitely be making this again.
I made this exactly as written and it was perfect. I agree with me & alex... it was just the right amount of spice with the perfect amount of creamy. We loved it! Thanks Out of the Blue!
This was SO good, just the right amount of spice with the perfect amount of creaminess...really good just the way it was posted. Great recipe, Out of the Blue! Thanks