1/5 Photos of Vidalia Onion Pie
I have loved this dish since childhood. Use this recipe as a jumping off point. I use 3 to 4 cups onions and about 1/2 cup cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix Ritz cracker crumbs and melted butter.
- 2Press mixture into an 8-inch pie plate.
- 3Saute onions with 2 T butter until clear, not brown; spoon into pie crust.
- 4Beat eggs with milk, salt, and pepper and pour over onions.
- 5Sprinkle with cheese and paprika.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until firm in the center.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vidalia Onion Pie
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.9
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 165.3 mg
- Sodium 670.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 10.0 g