Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 cups vidalia onions
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup herb stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut onions in quarters and slice very thin.
- Set aside. Melt 1/4 cup butter in saucepan and pour over stuffing.
- Mix thoroughly and line 1 quart casserole dish with stuffing mixture. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in pan and saute onions until tender.
- Pour over stuffing in casserole dish.
- Mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over onions and sprinkle cheese over top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until slightly brown.
This was great and easy to make. Our kids even liked this. But I will cut down on the butter next time.
This was easy to put together and tasted good. It is a small casserole.
This tasted wonderful tonight with my baked chicken. I used the 6 oz. box of Kraft Traditional Sage Stuffing mix and the flavor was fabulous. Makes enough for 4-5 servings. Even my non-onion eaters enjoyed this casserole so I'll make again with meatloaf or pork chops. Can't get any easier than this!