This recipe comes from "The Lady and Sons, Too" cookbook by Paula H Deen. Paula owns the "Lady and Sons" restaraunt in Savanah, Georgia. The USA Today food critic voted her "top meal of 1999". A great side dish to serve with steak or pork! Southern cooking at it's best!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the onions until tender; drain.
- 2Heat 4 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet and saute the onions.
- 3Beat the eggs and milk together.
- 4Add the onions, half the cracker crumbs, the cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Bake in a buttered casserole at 375°F for 35 minutes.
- 6Melt the remaining 3 tablespoons butter and stir it into the remaining cracker crumbs.
- 7Top the casserole with the buttered crumbs and bake for 15 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vidalia Onion Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.6
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 174.5 mg
- Sodium 467.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 13.4 g