Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from "The Lady and Sons, Too" cookbook by Paula H Deen. Paula owns the "Lady and Sons" restaraunt in Savanah, Georgia. The USA Today food critic voted her "top meal of 1999". A great side dish to serve with steak or pork! Southern cooking at it's best!
- Boil the onions until tender; drain.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet and saute the onions.
- Beat the eggs and milk together.
- Add the onions, half the cracker crumbs, the cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in a buttered casserole at 375°F for 35 minutes.
- Melt the remaining 3 tablespoons butter and stir it into the remaining cracker crumbs.
- Top the casserole with the buttered crumbs and bake for 15 minutes longer.