Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Creamy and good; a must have side dish for any cookout.
Make and share this Vicki's Classic Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 6 medium potatoes (2 lbs)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise, Helman's preferred
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mustard, Maille preferred
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled, coarsely chopped
- In a covered saucepan cook potatoes in boiling, salted water for 25-30 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- Peel and cube potatoes and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add onion and egg.
- Combine mayo, sugar, celery seed, vinegar, mustard, salt, and relish.
- Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill.
- Better the second day.
Made half the recipe this morning and tried a few bites still warm. Yum! I used celery salt in place of the seeds and salt. The dressing had a sweet-sour taste like brocolli salad dressing. Chilled it well and enjoyed it with leftover chilled Roast Chicken Breasts With Parsley Pan Gravy for a nice picnic lunch. Thanks for posting Vicki. Made for Zwizzle Chicks for ZWT6. Edited 6/26: I made this with 1 lb sea shell macaroni, red onion, and 3 eggs. Made the dressing as posted and chilled it overnight. I had a sample for breakfast and it was fantastic! This is for a BBQ today and I am looking forward to it!
this how i make my salad too used Stoved Tatties to make zaar tour 6
Ya got the Zesties too! Loved this. The sugar was an excellent addition, especially after not having it before in potato salad. I had some celery from the garden and added that too. Great salad, and one I can use lots! Made for ZWT 6 Zesties!