Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is excellent and is very easy to prepare! It's delicious and seems almost "meaty" because it is thick and delicious.
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped pickled jalapeno pepper
- 4 teaspons of minced garlic
- 1 bottle of pale beer
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes (the Mexican blend)
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 package of original chili seasoning mix (I like McCormick's)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Place olive oil in large stew pot on stove on medium high heat. Place onions, jalapenos and garlic in pot until onions are softened. Add beer to deglaze the pan and then add tomato sauce, stewed tomatos, black beans and kidney beans. Stir together and then add packet of chili seasoning. Let simmer for 1-2 hours and you will have a delicious meal!
- I serve my chili with corn chips and cheese. Delicious!
This was pretty good, but my family didn't really go for it. It was kind of somewhere between chili and tomato soup. If I make this again I'd add another can of beans or two, and maybe some celery. I ended up making a cup of rice, and mixing some into that. It was even less like chili then, but I actually liked it better. Thanks for sharing.