This chicken pot pie is so easy to make. I include it in my "three meals in thirty minutes" lesson. Get chicken on sale and cook several cups in advance. Shred and freeze in plastic freezer bags with 2 Cups per bag. Then you have the only time-consuming ingredient already cooked! Everyone who tries this dish loves it! The French herbs give it a lovely flavor that sets it apart.
- 473.18 ml chicken meat, cooked and chunked or shredded
- 304.75 g can condensed cream of chicken with herbs soup
- 283.49 g box frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 medium potato, diced. (or more if you like)
- 118.29 ml milk
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 9.85 ml herbes de provence
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 425.24 g boxrefrigerated ready-to-use pie crusts
- Heat oven to 425°F
- Boil vegetables in a small sauce pan for about 10 minutes.
- Whisk together soup, milk, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Drain liquid from vegetables. Gently stir vegetables and chicken in to the soup and milk mixture.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with 1 crust.
- Add filling.
- Top with other crust; fold edges under and crimp. Cut slits in top to vent.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until pastry is golden and filling is hot.