1/3 Photos of Valerie's Chicken Pot Pie, from Woman's Day Mag.
Val's Home's Note:
This chicken pot pie is so easy to make. I include it in my "three meals in thirty minutes" lesson. Get chicken on sale and cook several cups in advance. Shred and freeze in plastic freezer bags with 2 Cups per bag. Then you have the only time-consuming ingredient already cooked! Everyone who tries this dish loves it! The French herbs give it a lovely flavor that sets it apart.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml chicken meat, cooked and chunked or shredded
- 304.75 g can condensed cream of chicken with herbs soup
- 283.49 g box frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 medium potato, diced. (or more if you like)
- 118.29 ml milk
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 9.85 ml herbes de provence
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 425.24 g box refrigerated ready-to-use pie crusts
- 1Heat oven to 425°F
- 2Boil vegetables in a small sauce pan for about 10 minutes.
- 3Whisk together soup, milk, herbs, salt and pepper.
- 4Drain liquid from vegetables. Gently stir vegetables and chicken in to the soup and milk mixture.
- 5Line a 9-in. pie plate with 1 crust.
- 6Add filling.
- 7Top with other crust; fold edges under and crimp. Cut slits in top to vent.
- 8Bake 25 to 30 minutes until pastry is golden and filling is hot.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Valerie's Chicken Pot Pie, from Woman's Day Mag.
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.0
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 572.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
condensed cream of chicken with herbs soup
herbes de provence