Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I borrowed this recipe from the tv show Big Daddy's House. It is so full of Flavor
Make and share this Ultimate Chicken Patty Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- canola oil, for frying
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1⁄4 cup diced red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1 pinch cayenne
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- chipotle mayonnaise
- 1 pint tabbouleh
- 4 -6 rolls
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs, in shallow dish
- Chipotle Mayo, recipe follows
- Preheat a deep-fryer with canola oil to 350 degrees F.
- Pick the chicken from the bones and add to a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the peppers, onions, jalapenos, and garlic and cook until slightly caramelized. Stir in the bouillon and cayenne and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place pepper and onion mixture, picked chicken, egg and bread crumbs into a food processor and pulse until well incorporated and slightly chunky. Form chicken mixture into burger-size patties. Put the flour into a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper. Put the eggs and bread crumbs into separate shallow dishes. Bread the patties by dredging into the seasoned flour, then the eggs and finally through the bread crumbs. Transfer to a platter.
- Fry the patties until crispy and golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Spread Chipotle Mayo on both sides of the Portuguese rolls. Add the chicken patties to the bottom of the rolls and top with a good spoonful of tabbouleh. Cover with the roll tops and serve.
- Chipotle Mayo:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 chipotle peppers, minced
- Pinch kosher salt
- Pinch cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients until well incorporated. Cover and put in the refrigerator until ready to use.
This was very good, we all loved it. I'm only rating the patty itself and though I did make a couple of changes I'm sure the overall flavor of the actual recipe is just as good. Instead of shredded roast chicken I ground chicken breasts then finished them in the oven to cook through. I also left out the green peppers, jalape?o, and cayenne in order to make it more kid-friendly. The flavor was fantastic. I've been looking for an alternative to the frozen chicken patties that my kids love and I think I've found it. I'll definitely be making these again.