Cook1 hr 10 mins
A great brunch or side dish idea. I would characterize this dish as elegant, easy to prepare, pleasing in flavor and CHEAP! You could expand the recipe and serve these potatoes to a bunch of guys for a SUPER BOWL or poker party. My wife really loved this version of the venerable and versatile sweet potato.
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.
- Wash the sweet potato and rub it all over with the olive oil. Poke it a couple of times on TOP with a fork so that it doesn't blow up while baking. Do NOT wrap it in aluminum foil! Bake in the oven at 400-degrees F. for about one hour.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for a few seconds, reserving two slices for topping later, and then blend in the brown sugar.
- When the potato has baked to the point that the pulp is tender, and after it has cooled a bit, carefully cut out the top and scoop out the pulp into a medium mixing bowl. Save the intact potato skin! Mash the potato pulp with a fork and add in the butter/brown sugar mix.
- Spoon the potato pulp back into the potato skin and top with the two slices of butter, the sugar, and the cinnamon.
- Place the potato on a cookie sheet and BROIL on high for about 6 minutes. Watch it carefully so that it doesn't burn the top.
- Serve hot.