Prep 1 hr
Cook 4 hrs
EASY turkey and dressing in the crock pot. Wonderful for a holiday, or even a weeknight!
Make and share this Turkey Breast and Herb Cornbread Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (6 ounce) packagebuttermilk cornbread mix
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) bone-in skin-on turkey breast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 (14 ounce) low sodium chicken broth
- Prepare cornbread mix according package directions. Let cool completely (about 30 minutes). Coarsely crumble cornbread.
- Rinse turkey, and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add turkey to skillet; skin side down, and cook 3-4 minutes or until browned. Remove from skillet. Add onion and next 3 ingredients to skillet, and saute 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir together onion mixture, stuffin mix, eggs, chicken broth, and crumbled cornbread in a large bowl.
- Place stuffing mixture in a lightly greased 6 1/2 quart slow cooker. Top with turkey, skin side up. Cover and cook on LOW 4 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of breast registers 170 degrees and stuffing registers 165 degrees. Remove turkey from slow cooker and allow to stand 15 minutes before serving.