EASY turkey and dressing in the crock pot. Wonderful for a holiday, or even a weeknight!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) package buttermilk cornbread mix
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) bone-in skin-on turkey breast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 (14 ounce) low sodium chicken broth
- 1Prepare cornbread mix according package directions. Let cool completely (about 30 minutes). Coarsely crumble cornbread.
- 2Rinse turkey, and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add turkey to skillet; skin side down, and cook 3-4 minutes or until browned. Remove from skillet. Add onion and next 3 ingredients to skillet, and saute 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- 4Stir together onion mixture, stuffin mix, eggs, chicken broth, and crumbled cornbread in a large bowl.
- 5Place stuffing mixture in a lightly greased 6 1/2 quart slow cooker. Top with turkey, skin side up. Cover and cook on LOW 4 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of breast registers 170 degrees and stuffing registers 165 degrees. Remove turkey from slow cooker and allow to stand 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Breast and Herb Cornbread Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.3
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 160.6 mg
- Sodium 690.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 35.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herb seasoned stuffing mix