7 hrs 15 mins
Chef #381086's Note:
A nice smokey flavored beef brisket.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients and blend well.
- 2Trim the brisket, leaving about 1/4-inch of fat. Season the brisket with about 1/4-cup of the rub. *Cook's Note: You don't want such a thick crust that the smoke won't penetrate the meat. Let the brisket marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- 3Preheat your grill to 250 degrees F using charcoal and hickory.
- 4Using indirect heat, cook the brisket for 3 1/2 hours and flip. Cook another 3 1/2 hours, cooking for a total of 7 hours. (About 1 1/2 hours per pound.) The brisket should cook to an internal temperature of 185 degrees F.
- 5Rest for 10 minutes on a cutting board before slicing. Slice brisket against the grain.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tony's Smoked Beef Brisket
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1374.4
- Calories from Fat 937
- Total Fat 104.1 g
- Saturated Fat 41.0 g
- Cholesterol 275.9 mg
- Sodium 253.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 29.1 g
- Protein 68.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: