A nice version of a Southern favorite - mushrooms are a great adddition that compliment the flavors! Another great recipe unearthed from Tony's Seafood in Louisiana. ;)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup white sauce (see below)
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- hot sauce, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black and red pepper blend
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
For the White Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk, scalded
- salt and pepper
- Saute green onions, celery and mushrooms in butter, set aside.
- Start white sauce:
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan.
- Blend in flour, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Remove from heat and add milk a little at a time.
- Season to taste and cook on low heat until thick and bubbly.
- Add White sauce, crabmeat, salt and pepper.
- Place in greased baking dish and top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with salad and bread for a quick easy and TASTY dinner! Can be served with a sliced small baguette or other bread as an appetizer!