Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice version of a Southern favorite - mushrooms are a great adddition that compliment the flavors! Another great recipe unearthed from Tony's Seafood in Louisiana. ;)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup white sauce (see below)
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- hot sauce, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black and red pepper blend
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
For the White Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk, scalded
- salt and pepper
- Saute green onions, celery and mushrooms in butter, set aside.
- Start white sauce:
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan.
- Blend in flour, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Remove from heat and add milk a little at a time.
- Season to taste and cook on low heat until thick and bubbly.
- Add White sauce, crabmeat, salt and pepper.
- Place in greased baking dish and top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with salad and bread for a quick easy and TASTY dinner! Can be served with a sliced small baguette or other bread as an appetizer!
There are some recipes that should be put on the top of the list for 5 star reviews only. This is one of those recipes! I made this using a superior king crab and it was well worth it! In step 7: to the white sauce I added the sauteed vegetables, the hot sauce, crab and seasoned with salt and pepper. I did not have shredded cheddar on hand, so I subbed with a shredded cheddar jack combination, which worked beautifully! I divided this into 2 portions and baked in two individual casserole dishes. The flavor of this is truly sensational and I hope to make it again soon. This is a company worthy recipe! Thank you so much for sharing this one!
I made this last night for our date night (ie, cooking together after kiddos are asleep). This was PERFECT for our intentions. Like I hoped, it was very easy to make, and tasty! We munched on bread and oil and drank cold beer while it baked, then had the crab dish with a salad.
Loved it, loved it, loved it! The combination of the mushrooms with the crab is over-the-top delicious. Thank you Mommy!