Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a nice side dish for a picnic and a great way to use up your garden tomatoes. Every time I make this for a family reunion people turn their nose up at it, but once they try a piece they want the recipe.
- Following the baking directions on the package for the pie crust, but be sure to poke the bottom of the crust with a fork before baking to prevent bubbles forming.
- Peel, core, and chop your tomatoes.
- Drain as much juice off of the tomatoes as possible.
- Add in your diced onions and toss them together.
- Pour the tomatoes and onions into your baked pie crust.
- Mix together the sour cream, mayo and cheddar cheese.
- Salt and pepper to your taste.
- This will be the topping for your pie so spread it over the top.
- Sprinkle the top with the parmesan cheese and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve!