Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a nice side dish for a picnic and a great way to use up your garden tomatoes. Every time I make this for a family reunion people turn their nose up at it, but once they try a piece they want the recipe.
- Following the baking directions on the package for the pie crust, but be sure to poke the bottom of the crust with a fork before baking to prevent bubbles forming.
- Peel, core, and chop your tomatoes.
- Drain as much juice off of the tomatoes as possible.
- Add in your diced onions and toss them together.
- Pour the tomatoes and onions into your baked pie crust.
- Mix together the sour cream, mayo and cheddar cheese.
- Salt and pepper to your taste.
- This will be the topping for your pie so spread it over the top.
- Sprinkle the top with the parmesan cheese and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve!
I was so surprised at how wonderful this was! One might glance over the ingredient list and think it is bland but it is actually quite flavorful! Thanks for this awesome recipe Mommyof 2!
Yummy, yummy! Tried this the other night and everyone just raved. I used smoked cheddar and it almost had the taste of bacon added! Is also wonderful cold!