mommyof 3's Note:
This is a nice side dish for a picnic and a great way to use up your garden tomatoes. Every time I make this for a family reunion people turn their nose up at it, but once they try a piece they want the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Following the baking directions on the package for the pie crust, but be sure to poke the bottom of the crust with a fork before baking to prevent bubbles forming.
- 2Peel, core, and chop your tomatoes.
- 3Drain as much juice off of the tomatoes as possible.
- 4Add in your diced onions and toss them together.
- 5Pour the tomatoes and onions into your baked pie crust.
- 6Mix together the sour cream, mayo and cheddar cheese.
- 7Salt and pepper to your taste.
- 8This will be the topping for your pie so spread it over the top.
- 9Sprinkle the top with the parmesan cheese and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes.
- 10Slice and serve!
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Pie
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.7
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 50.4 mg
- Sodium 621.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 9.8 g