Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Growing up, I didn't know there was any other kind of beef stew than this. When I moved out, someone said they were making "beef stew"... little did I know! I absolutely had to call my mom to get the "real" one :-)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat, cubed
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Braise beef in vegetable oil.
- Mix everything together, adding water to thin if needed.
- Simmer for about an hour or until potatoes and beef are done.
- Serve over rice or crackers.
- Note: This can also be done in the crockpot, just cook all day on low.