Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This salad is great, and you mix it up a day ahead of serving. It is for a large crowd, but you could cut the recipe in half. Prep time includes 12 hours in the refrigerator. This is from "Threadgill's, The Cookbook" by Eddie Wilson. A landmark grill in Austin.
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green chili, diced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup cauliflower, diced
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 carrot, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli, diced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, thinly sliced
- 4 lbs spiral shaped pasta, uncooked,fresh or frozen (dry would work also)
For Salad Dressing
- 2 teaspoons parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon leaf oregano
- 1 teaspoon tarragon leaf
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup vinaigrette dressing (your favorite)
- Mix all salad ingredients EXCEPT pasta.
- Mix salad dressing and pour over vegetables.
- Let stand for 12 hours in refrigerator, stirring occasionally.
- Cook and chill pasta.
- Add pasta to the vegetables.
- Serve as a salad or as a base for entree salads.