Yet another one of my Paula Deen recipes... This is a great way to make quick potatoes that every one will love and it is also a beautiful side dish to compliment a fancy meal.
- 12 small red potatoes
- 1 (1/2 ounce) package ranch dressing mix (recommended ( Hidden Valley Original Ranch Buttermilk Recipe)
- 2 cups corn flakes (crushed)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. Drain the potatoes, let cool slightly, and then peel.
- Mix the dressing mix and the cornflakes in a bowl. Dip the potatoes in melted butter, and then roll them in the cornflake mixture.
- Place the potatoes in a greased baking dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
I used small russet potatoes that I got on sale (which I cut into halves and thirds like Sharon 123). This recipe according to my BF "spot on". The ranch flavoring and cornflakes make a great crispy potato. Also, I liked that fact that they are baked not fried. Delicious! I will definitely make these potatoes again and will try with red potatoes next time they are on sale. Thank you for posting this wonderful recipe!!
I used a little larger red potatoes, so cut them in halves and thirds. Great crunchy yummy taste! Thanks so much!
these were great on our halloween buffet thanks