Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This all-fresh vegetable appetizer is robust and filling enough to enjoy as a meal. It came out of a local cookbook from a small town in Tennessee.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 (11 ounce) can shoe peg corn
- 1 chopped tomato
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 0.5 (16 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- Mix and serve chilled with corn or tortilla chips.
I've always loved this when other people brought it to potlucks and parties. I finally needed to bring something to an event where I knew it wouldn't already be there, so I made your recipe. It's exactly what I was looking for, and I ended up eating so much of it that I was full by the time I left for the potluck!
I've made this several times now and I love it. It's a great way to get fiver and it tastes great with tortilla chips. The only problem is that we can't quit eating it. It can be a very easy dish to make for parties too.
I used pasilla chili powder. This made a great dish coupled with some Morningstar Farms soy sausages. Good, healthy breakfast.