1/1 Photo of Sweet & Tangy BBQ Pork Steaks
Chef Chitown Ray's Note:
I was thinking about Lambert's Restaurants "Home of the Throwed Rolls" and how much I like their barbeque pork steak. So instead of driving the 6 hours to the nearest Lambert's to Chicago, I decided to give it a try myself. It turned out so well that I thought I should share the recipe. And it's very easy. I've been snooping around in the shadows on this site for a long time but you've finally inspired me to share as well. Hope you enjoy this as much as my family did. The rib rub and sauce listed are completely customizable...feel free to use whatever you have on hand and it'll still be great. This just happens to taste like Lambert's. =)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs pork sirloin roast, steaks cut about 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 cup of dry rib rub seasoning
- 2 cups of kraft open pit sweet & tangy barbecue sauce
- 1Lay out steaks and generously sprinkle with rib rub. Give the meat a quick rub. Make sure you do both sides!
- 2Stack the steaks up and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Anything longer than 8 hours and you're just prolonging your own hunger ;).
- 3Heat a (gas) grill to medium-high or equivalent. Grill steaks over direct heat for about 3 minutes on each side. These are kind of hard to overcook due to the fat content so don't be too scared of drying them out.
- 4Pour BBQ sauce in a shallow dish and dredge steaks in the sauce.
- 5Return steaks to grill over lower, indirect heat for 3-5 minutes per side or until they are carmelized to your taste.
- 6Remove from grill and let rest a few minutes and serve.
- 7If you've got any rolls, feel free to toss them across the room! Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet & Tangy BBQ Pork Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (768 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 686.2
- Calories from Fat 347
- Total Fat 38.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 197.4 mg
- Sodium 1154.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 64.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: