My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 8 ounces fresh snow pea pods, , 2 cups (, 2 cups)
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 12 ounces frozen, cooked medium shrimp, thawed,rinsed and tails removed
- hot cooked rice
- 1In small bowl, combine ketsup, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and cornstarch; whisk until blended.
- 2Drain pineapple in small colander, reserving juices in small bowl.
- 3Measure 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice; add to ketsup mixture and set aside.
- 4(Discard any remaining juice.) Trim pea pods and cut diagonally in half.
- 5Cut tomatoes into wedges.
- 6Heat oil in stir-fry skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- 7Add pea pods and pressed garlic to skillet.
- 8Stir fry for 1 minute.
- 9Reduce heat to medium.
- 10Stir ketsup mixture, and add to skillet.
- 11Bring to a boil.
- 12Cook and stir 1 minute until thickened.
- 13Add pineapple and shrimp to skillet; toss and heat thoroughly.
- 14Remove from heat.
- 15Gently stir in tomato.
- 16Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet & Sour Shrimp Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.8
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 135.6 mg
- Sodium 810.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 32.7 g
- Protein 20.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
snow pea pods