Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 8 ounces fresh snow pea pods, , 2 cups (, 2 cups)
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 12 ounces frozen, cooked medium shrimp, thawed,rinsed and tails removed
- hot cooked rice
- In small bowl, combine ketsup, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and cornstarch; whisk until blended.
- Drain pineapple in small colander, reserving juices in small bowl.
- Measure 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice; add to ketsup mixture and set aside.
- (Discard any remaining juice.) Trim pea pods and cut diagonally in half.
- Cut tomatoes into wedges.
- Heat oil in stir-fry skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add pea pods and pressed garlic to skillet.
- Stir fry for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir ketsup mixture, and add to skillet.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir 1 minute until thickened.
- Add pineapple and shrimp to skillet; toss and heat thoroughly.
- Remove from heat.
- Gently stir in tomato.
- Serve over rice.
All I kept thinking was...it was missing something...I added more soy sauce, ginger and dried chili pepper... and it still didn't taste right