These are delicious fluffy sweet potatoes mixed with butter, sugar, and vanilla, and baked with a crunchy pecan streusel topping on half and mini marshmallows on the other. A must have at our table during the Holidays.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup butter, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs.
- Spread sweet potato mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and flour. Cut in 1/3 cup butter until mixture is crumbly, then stir in pecans. Sprinkle pecan mixture over half of the sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Add the marshmallows to the sweet potato mixture during the last 5 minutes of baking.
- If desired it can be made with just the pecan topping or just the marshmallow topping (just double the amounts).
- If making ahead of time bake as directed for 25 minutes, and when about ready to serve warm in oven at 350 for 15 minutes then add marshmallows and bake for another 5 minutes.
EXCELLENT - I actually covered the entire casserole with both toppings - and it was awesome - thanks!!
After searching the internet far and wide for a sweet potato casserole recipe fit for a first-time-sweet-potato-cook I landed upon this one and I am glad I did! It's easy to follow and makes a a lot! Way more than I needed (not realizing how many members of my family aren't fans of sweet potatoes. Fine, more for me!). Thankfully it makes for good leftovers. I believe I'll be using this recipe again in the future.
I made this last night for the first time for a family gathering. Everyone loved it.