1/2 Photos of Susan's Dill Pickle Potato Salad
1 hr 45 mins
Mom taught me how to make potato salad and she NEVER put sweet pickles in it. Always used dill pickles. I have had many compliments and requests to make this salad for get togethers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs potatoes (russet or white potatoes are best)
- 4 stalks celery, chopped small
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1 dozen hard-boiled egg, cut in bite sized pieces
- 4 -5 med-large dill pickles, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt (more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon pepper (more or less)
- 2 -3 tablespoons mustard (I like guldens brown)
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1 cup Best Foods Mayonnaise (or more to taste)
- 1Bake potatoes (microwave or oven) as they don't get soggy like boiled ones, cool to handle. Peel and cut in large chunks.
- 2Use large bowl to mix potatoes, celery, pickles, onion and eggs. Mix carefully so as not to mash potatoes.
- 3Mix dressing by mixing last 4 ingredients together in a small bowl or just add to salad bowl & mix. Stir to coat all ingredients and taste for saltiness.
- 4Chill several hours or overnight. Taste for seasoning & add more of anything you like (salt, mustard, pickles, olives etc). If too dry add more mayo.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Susan's Dill Pickle Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (461 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.2
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 383.1 mg
- Sodium 2046.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 21.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: