Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from Emeril Lagasse. Very easy and so delicious.
Make and share this Sunday Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large lemon
- 1 (3 lb) broiler-fryer chickens
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- Cut lemon in half, and squeeze juice over chicken.
- Put lemon halves in cavity of chicken.
- Brush oil on chicken, and sprinkle with Creole seasoning and rosemary.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour or until done, basting occasionally with pan drippings.
I can't tell you how good this was. The meat was literally falling off the bone when we went to carve it and the skin (my favourite part) was mouth-wateringly tasty. Considering we got enough from this for two big supper plates, my lunch for work the next day, a couple cups of leftover meat and the carcass to make stock with, I think it was very good value too.
I made this for Sunday dinner actually. This was so easy and turned out very well. The chicken meat was very moist. The outer skin was nice and crisp. The lemony flavor and creole seasoning made a good combination of flavors. Thanks Nurse Di and Emeril!!
Incredible roast chicken. Very easy to prepare. I followed the recipe to a tee. Wonderfully seasoned with the lemon and creole seasoning. A perfect combination in our opinion. The chicken meat was so moist and tasty. Thanks for posting this.