1 hr 15 mins
Witch Doctor's Note:
This recipe is very close to the dish served at Massa’s Restaurant in Houston. I like mine a little spicy and sprinkle them liberally with Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 whole quail, raw, semi-boneless
- 1/2 cup fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup celery, chopped with tops
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 lb crawfish tail, peeled and pre-cooked
- 1 cup cracker meal (or crushed crackers)
- 2 eggs
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (12 ounce) can bing cherries, for sauce (optional)
- 1Rub quail with the rosemary, black pepper, and salt (and Tony Chachere’s, if preferred).
- 2Prepare stuffing by sautéing remaining vegetables and basil in butter until tender.
- 3In a mixing bowl combine sautéed vegetables with cracker meal, crawfish, eggs, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- 4Stuff quail liberally and bake in 350 degree F oven for 45 minutes or until done. Don’t overcook.
- 5Baste with butter once while cooking.
- 6Place cooked quail on bed of brown or wild rice. Cherry sauce is optional.
Browse Our Top Quail Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quail Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Quail With Crawfish Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (586 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 858.2
- Calories from Fat 497
- Total Fat 55.2 g
- Saturated Fat 23.3 g
- Cholesterol 453.7 mg
- Sodium 597.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 66.1 g