Leslie in Texas's Note:
Another traditional Creole recipe, this is perfect for that special dinner or whenever you have access to fresh crabmeat.If the crab is whole, save the upper shells to bake the stuffed crab in. Originally from an October 1980 issue of Bon Apetit that featured an article on "Creole Cooking at the Source".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 3/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 hard-cooked egg, mashed
- 2 cups cooked crabmeat
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 3Add onion and cook until soft.
- 4Remove from heat and add egg,crab,half and half,parsley, garlic, salt, pepper,pepper sauce,and half the breadcrumbs.
- 5Return to heat and cook about 5 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat and stir in Sherry;adjust seasoning, if needed.
- 7Stuff into 4 crab shells (or divide among 4 ramekins).
- 8Sprinkle with remaining breadcrumbs and lemon juice; top each with a pat of butter.
- 9Bake until tops are golden brown, 5 to 12 minutes.
- 10Serve hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Crab
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.8
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 94.8 mg
- Sodium 679.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: