Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This actually was a mistake on my part when I was going to make raspberry jam and found out that I didn't have enough raspberries to make it. I'm almost glad that I didn't though because then I wouldn't have made this great recipe.
- You will also need 6 (12 ounces) jelly or jam jars, boiled or washed in HOT soapy water, then rinsed in HOT water Smash the raspberries and strawberries and place them in a large sauce pot with the water.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat then add the sugars.
- Turn heat to high and bring to a rolling boil, stirring often.
- Quickly stir in the pectin and let boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and ladle into the jars to about 1/2-inch from the top.
- Place the lids on tight and turn the jars upside-down for 15 minutes then turn them right side up.
- The jam will last for about 6 months in a cool, dark pantry and about 1 year in the refrigerator.
This jam is wonderful I made it as the directions said except I do not turn my jars upside down in the first place. If they are going to seal they will without turning them upside down first.
Strawberry Raspberry Jam recipes are hard to come by. I was happy to find this one. I used fresh fruits and it turned out very nice. A little sweet and little tart. We love it. Thanks for sharing.