1 hr 20 mins
Last night was a last minute get together at our house. Six adults and two kids for dinner following a Bocci Ball game, or two! I decided on a steakhouse dinner of a thick sirloin on the grill, wedge salad with creamy, homemade blue cheese dressing, yeast rolls, sauteed spinach with lots of garlic and au gratin potatoes. Our friends brought the wine...Cyrus, Stag's Leap, we have great friends!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Peel and dice the potatoes. *I have a vegetable chopper from Williams-Sonoma and this step only takes 5 minutes.
- 3Parboil the potatoes 5 minutes in salty water.
- 4Either spray a large baking dish with oil or rub it lightly with butter.
- 5Drain and then toss the potatoes in the baking dish with the butter, thyme, nutmeg, more salt and pepper.
- 6Mix almost all the cheese (save some for the top) throughout the potatoes and pour the half & half evenly over all.
- 7Top the dish with the reserved cheese.
- 8Bake for one hour or until the cheese is nicely melted, bubbling and turning a caramel color.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steakhouse Au Gratin Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.6
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 54.1 mg
- Sodium 119.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 12.8 g