I have been craving this awesome salad that my friend and I had at a restaurant in Houston. I could not find the recipe so I tried my best to recreate it. Fresh and yummy, this combo is a nice change of pace!
- 24 ounces chicken breasts, cooked, preferably grilled
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach or 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds (combo of nuts is great too) or 2 tablespoons sliced almonds (combo of nuts is great too)
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar, sweet flavored -try any berry flavor or 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch garlic powder, to taste
- 1 pinch dry mustard, to taste
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- In a jar or container with cover combine the dressing ingredients and shake well. Refrigerate to chill until ready to serve.
- Wash fruit and veggies and dry completely. Dressing will not adhere if greens are wet.
- Combine the spinach, blueberries, onion, sunflower kernels, nuts and raisins in a large bowl.
- Slice chicken into strips and place on top of greens.
- Pour chilled dressing over salad and gently toss.