1/2 Photos of Spicy Shrimp and Smoked Sausage Pasta
1 hr 15 mins
Angela Dawn's Note:
This dish is my own version of the many different dishes served with the same name down in NOLA. Down there they use Taso ham instead of smoked sausage most of the time, but the sausage is easier to find and just as good in my opinion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 19 ounces frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deviened
- 8 ounces smoked sausage, chopped into small cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon louisiana hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1Cook Tortellini in boiling water just until they start to float. Rinse with cold water. Toss pasta with the teaspoon of olive oil to avoid sticking.
- 2Try to use either andouille or Emeril's kicked up smoked sausage. You want a spicy sausage for this dish.
- 3Melt the butter in a sauce pan. Saute smoked sausage, onion, celery, bell peppers, and garlic. Let cook on Med-high for 3-4 minutes. Add shrimp and let cook another 2 minutes, or until shrimp looks mostly pink.
- 4Add wine, cream, creole seasoning, herbs, hot sauce and fresh black pepper. Turn temp down to Med and let reduce for 3-4 minutes.
- 5Pour sauce over the pasta and toss in the Parmesan cheese.
- 6Serve imediately with french bread and butter. Goes great with a nice salad. I recommend a nice crisp chardonnay wine to go with it.
- 7Sometimes I even add catfish nuggets to this dish. I saute them with the shrimp and sausage. It's pretty good that way too.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Shrimp and Smoked Sausage Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1127.5
- Calories from Fat 570
- Total Fat 63.4 g
- Saturated Fat 31.7 g
- Cholesterol 378.0 mg
- Sodium 1787.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 61.5 g