1/2 Photos of Spicy Shrimp and Scallop Alfredo
Shawn C's Note:
This just came to me when trying to figure out what to do with 1 lb of large shrimp and about 10 large scallops! I used what I had in the fridge, and if I had some fresh mushrooms I would've added them also that is why they are optional in the ingredient list. The picture I took is actually from the day I created the dish
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 large sea scallops, drained well and 1/4 cut
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes, julieened
- 5 button fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, cut up in small pieces (steamed almost until tender)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces cooked linguine (broken in half before cooking according to package directions)
- dried parsley (to garnish)
- 1sprinkle shrimp and scallops on one side with garlic powder.
- 2place 1 T olive oil and 1 T butter in large non stick skillet and quickly saute shrimp over medium heat on both sides until shrimp turns pink. remove and set aside in a bowl.
- 3add scallop 1/4s and saute untill opague and has a little brownish sear on a few of the sides remove to the shrimp in bowl.
- 4in hot pan add remaining butter (leave any cooked bits and juices from shrimp and scallops) saute onion, and mushrooms in butter until tender.
- 5add sundried tomatoes and let cook about 2 minutes.
- 6pour in cream and let cook 2 minutes, add garlic let cook 2 minutes.
- 7add crushed red pepper, cayenne, and salt stir well.
- 8add parmesan cheese and reduce heat to medium low.
- 9add shrimp and scallops (and any juice that collected in he bowl) stir well to coat everything.
- 10add brocolli and pasta toss well, raise heat to medium or medium high just to throughly heat everything through.
- 11serve with a little sprinkle of parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Shrimp and Scallop Alfredo
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.0
- Calories from Fat 370
- Total Fat 41.1 g
- Saturated Fat 23.1 g
- Cholesterol 271.6 mg
- Sodium 1163.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 27.7 g