This just came to me when trying to figure out what to do with 1 lb of large shrimp and about 10 large scallops! I used what I had in the fridge, and if I had some fresh mushrooms I would've added them also that is why they are optional in the ingredient list. The picture I took is actually from the day I created the dish
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 large sea scallops, drained well and 1/4 cut
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes, julieened
- 5 button fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, cut up in small pieces (steamed almost until tender)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces cooked linguine (broken in half before cooking according to package directions)
- dried parsley (to garnish)
- sprinkle shrimp and scallops on one side with garlic powder.
- place 1 T olive oil and 1 T butter in large non stick skillet and quickly saute shrimp over medium heat on both sides until shrimp turns pink. remove and set aside in a bowl.
- add scallop 1/4s and saute untill opague and has a little brownish sear on a few of the sides remove to the shrimp in bowl.
- in hot pan add remaining butter (leave any cooked bits and juices from shrimp and scallops) saute onion, and mushrooms in butter until tender.
- add sundried tomatoes and let cook about 2 minutes.
- pour in cream and let cook 2 minutes, add garlic let cook 2 minutes.
- add crushed red pepper, cayenne, and salt stir well.
- add parmesan cheese and reduce heat to medium low.
- add shrimp and scallops (and any juice that collected in he bowl) stir well to coat everything.
- add brocolli and pasta toss well, raise heat to medium or medium high just to throughly heat everything through.
- serve with a little sprinkle of parsley.