Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'd never tried ground turkey meat before. I got curious when our small grocery store down the road got some in and I just had to try it. I came up with this recipe through a magazine I had that my (of all people) gastro doctor suggested. It's called EatingWell and it has healthy recipes. Some of them are frankly off the wall, but this one wasn't bad.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash allspice
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 4 buns (I prefer onion buns from the bakery)
- Preheat the grill.
- Mix together, but don't overmix, the burger ingredients and brush with oil.
- Place on the grill when hot and grill until the center is no longer pink.
- Place on warmed buns and top with any burger fixin's. I tried mayo and dill pickles and that was pretty good.
I used ground turkey breast for these, I skipped the allspice (didn't have any) and added some chopped raw onion to the mixture. Cooked these on the grill and served on a bun w/sliced tomato and they were really tasty. I love the addition of the cilantro. I'll make these again.
Very good, different way to prepare a turkey burger! Thanks