Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
it has a kick to it but it is really good. the first time i saw it i said that looks disgusting, but it turned out to be really awesome.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups cut potatoes (skin optional)
- 2 small carrots (optional)
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 (8 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Saute onion, green pepper, jalapeno pepper and garlic in as little oil as possible.
- When clear add ground beef and cook until done.
- Drain off grease.
- Add water, potatoes, carrots (optional), rotel tomatoes, and bouillon. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 15-20 min or until potatoes are tender.
- Add 2 cups of milk.
- Mix flour in remaining .5 cup of milk until smooth. Add this mixture and Velveeta cheese to soup.
- Cook until smooth & thick. Add cayenne pepper and mix. Now you're ready to eat! Enjoy!
- to make less spicy use mild rotel tomatoes and no cayenne, it is still really good.