Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I am known for my sweet tea; hence, the nickname sweet tea. this is a wonderful drink. if you have ever been to the south and tried sweet tea and liked it, you will love this!!!!
- In a medium size pan fill 1/2 way with water.
- add tea bags.
- cook on medium heat until comes to a good boil. it will be foamy.
- put sugar in gallon jug (pitcher).
- pour boiling tea over sugar.
- stir well to dissolve sugar.
- add water until jug is full (may not use whole gallon of water).
- stir well.
- pour over ice (i like mine anyway i can get it ice or no ice).
- drink and enjoy!
- I USE RED DIAMOND OR LUZIANN TEA BAGS.
EXCELLENT and this is the way we do Sweet Tea in the South. I was born, raised and still live in the South and we do LOVE our Sweet Tea!!! I love the flavor of Luziann tea the best. I can even recognize it in a restaurant. Tea is even good as a beverage between meals and great with a seafood dinner. Just can't beat it!!! Prepared as a participant in the Southern, Cajun & Creole Sept 2009 Tag Event in the Cooking Photo Forum.
I really liked this recipe! Just the right amount of sugar. My husband doesn't like sweet tea, so I have the whole gallon to myself!!
I am trying out different drinks to serve at a Southern theme dinner and tried this recipe. My family loved this sweet tea. Since I normally don't drink my tea with sugar it was a little to sweet for me but I am going to make it as one of the drinks since everyone liked it so much. Thanks Sweet T. Bullwinkle.