Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Got this recipe from all recipes and wanted to post it here to share and have all my recipes on my favorite web site "Recipezaar"! This can also be done in a crockpot. I had 2 ham hocks to use. Thanks to Kirk Warner
- 2 quarts water
- 4 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed and snapped into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 ham hock
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
- Place the water in a large pot, and mix in the green beans, ham hock, onion, garlic, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, and cook 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer 4 hours. Remove the ham hock, and slice the meat into small pieces. Return meat to the beans, and serve.
This was very good! I enjoyed this with a reheated, frozen leftover macaroni dish. I used garlic and onion powder this time(was out of the real deal), I don't think the taste suffered too much. Thanks for sharing Cathy Pete
OK but nothing to write home about.
Was easy to make.