1/1 Photo of Southern Mint Julep
A true southern tradition. So smooth and mellow. Wonderful for a hot summer's day, swinging slowly on a porch swing ; )
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place mint in blender; add water and sugar.
- 2Blend until leaves disappear, add ice and bourbon; blend a few seconds.
- 3Pour into frosted glass or julep cup which has been filled with finely chopped ice.
- 4Stir and decorate with a sprig of mint.
- 5Serves 1.
- 6Note: Serve with a short straw that is no taller than the mint, so one enjoys the aroma as well as the taste.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Mint Julep
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: