Homey, tasty, and satisfying. Great for a Sunday dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup corn oil or 1/3 cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Breaded Fried Chicken
- 1 (3 lb) whole chickens, cut up
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons corn oil or 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup oil, lemon juice, garlic salt, and pepper.
- 2Place chicken in a shallow baking dish, pour marinade over chicken.
- 3Cover dish, and let marinate for 30-60 minutes.
- 4Dry chicken pieces on paper towels.
- 5Place 1/2 cup flour in a plastic bag.
- 6In a small bowl, beat together eggs and milk.
- 7Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl.
- 8Place several pieces of chicken in the bag of flour and shake to coat thoroughly.
- 9Remove from bag, dip each piece in egg mixture; then, roll in bread crumbs.
- 10In a large frying pan, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil with butter, over medium heat, and brown chicken, turning frequently (20-25 minutes).
- 11Remove chicken as it browns, and drain on paper towels.
- 12Whisk remaining 1/3 cup flour into juices remaining in pan.
- 13Reduce heat to low, and stir constantly for 3 minutes.
- 14Whisk in milk and cream, and season with paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
- 15Cook until thickened.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Fried Chicken With Cream Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1023.7
- Calories from Fat 647
- Total Fat 71.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 306.5 mg
- Sodium 871.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 50.5 g