This casserole is requested at every holiday by family and friends. Its elegant enough for even your most picky guests. Hope you'll try it.
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can whole corn (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1 (2 ounce) jarchopped pimento pepper, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup yellow cornbread mix
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F; grease a large casserole dish.
- Mix all ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish and bake uncovered approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour (depending on your oven). You can cover with foil the last 15 minutes.