1/1 Photo of Southern Broccoli Casserole
This is my favorite broccoli casserole recipe, courtesy of my aunt who lives in South Carolina. She traditionally serves this at Thanksgiving and at a few other family gatherings throughout the year. Aside from the ingredients, what really sets this recipe apart are the Ritz crackers mixed with melted margarine. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Add 1 tablespoon margarine to a pan and lightly sautee onions until soft.
- 3Remove onions and set aside, reserving remaining margarine.
- 4Beat two eggs and set aside.
- 5Add broccoli, sauteed onion, mushroom soup, mayonnaise, cheese, and eggs to a medium bowl and mix together until well-blended.
- 6Add mixture to a 1.5 to 2 quart casserole dish.
- 7Combine reserved margarine from pan and remaining 2 tablespoons of melted margarine and gently mix together with Ritz crackers in a small bowl until crackers are coated but not saturated.
- 8Layer crackers as a topping over broccoli mixture.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Broccoli Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.3
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 55.1 mg
- Sodium 588.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: