Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy, and very moist
Make and share this Sour Cream Cornbread recipe from Food.com.
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup self-rising cornmeal
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Heat a lightly greased 8-inch cast-iron skillet in a 400 degree oven 5 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Remove prepared skillet from oven, and spoon batter into the hot skillet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden.
Self-rising cornmeal is not readily available here in Australia, so used half cornmeal and half self-rising flour. Worked out well, nice and moist, melt in your mouth. Have made this again, didn't have any sour cream, so used buttermilk used just a little bit less. Was just as enjoyable.
The BEST cornbread I have ever had. Soft on the inside, a little crusty on the outside. The whole family gave this an enthusiastic 5-stars. The sour cream really makes a difference in the texture. Mine usually turns out dry and would choke a horse. Thanks NurseDi.
This cornbread is just delicious. Moist and soft!! I made this for our Labor Day celebration. My family and guests all thought it was the best. A 5-star delight in my book.