This recipe by Edwina Gadsby, won the grand prize in the "Original" Louisiana Hot Sauce Black History Month Recipe Contest.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup assorted mushroom, stemmed and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons original louisiana hot sauce
- In a large ziplock plastic bag, combine flour, seasoned salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add chicken and toss to coat; shake off excess coating.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; brown on both sides. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of oil from skillet.
- Add onion, mushrooms, bell pepper and garlic to skillet; cook until soft. Add sour cream, broth and hot sauce; mix well. Return chicken to skillet and smother with sauce. Bring to a simmer, cover, lower heat and simmer for 25-35 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.