Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious smoked flavor combined with a sweet and tangy glaze. The meat is tender and moist. This was cooked on a propane smoker at 225 degrees for about 2 hours but could be coooked on the grill with a wood chips and a smoker box.
- Rinse pork loin under running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning liberally over meat; rubbing into surface.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 45 minutes to 1 hour; place in smoker and cook for 30 minutes.
- Mix together the syrup and hot sauce; baste meat frequently for the next 90 minutes or until internal temperature of meat reaches 160 degrees for medium or 170 degrees for well done.
- To prepare on a grill: Prepare meat as above, place water soaked wood chips in a smoker box and place into hot coals.
- Put the meat on rack over hot coals; cook, turning and basting every 15 to 20 minutes for 1 hour or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees on a quick read meat thermometer.
- Allow meat to rest for 15 to 20 minutes before slicing and serving.