A delicious smoked flavor combined with a sweet and tangy glaze. The meat is tender and moist. This was cooked on a propane smoker at 225 degrees for about 2 hours but could be coooked on the grill with a wood chips and a smoker box.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse pork loin under running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- 2Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning liberally over meat; rubbing into surface.
- 3Allow to sit at room temperature for 45 minutes to 1 hour; place in smoker and cook for 30 minutes.
- 4Mix together the syrup and hot sauce; baste meat frequently for the next 90 minutes or until internal temperature of meat reaches 160 degrees for medium or 170 degrees for well done.
- 5To prepare on a grill: Prepare meat as above, place water soaked wood chips in a smoker box and place into hot coals.
- 6Put the meat on rack over hot coals; cook, turning and basting every 15 to 20 minutes for 1 hour or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees on a quick read meat thermometer.
- 7Allow meat to rest for 15 to 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Sweet Cajun Pork Loin
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.8
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 107.1 mg
- Sodium 272.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 33.6 g