Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Make and share this Smoked Sausage Jambalaya recipe from Food.com.
- Cook sausage in Dutch oven until browned; remove from skillet and discard drippings.
- Combine ground beef, green pepper, onion and garlic; cook until beef is browned.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, and sausage.
- Cover; simmer 20 minutes.
- Add rice and water to meat-vegetable mixture.
- Cover and cook 25 minutes or until the rice is tender.
My husband and I love jambalaya with smoked sausage. We usually make it with chicken but this was very good with ground beef. It was easy to make and my family sure liked it. The garlic and green onion made this very savory in flavor. Great job. Nurse Di, we love your recipes and hope you never stop posting them.
This was very easy and so good! I pretty much followed the recipe, but instead of the salt and pepper I put in a tbsp of cajun seasoning. I didn't have green onions so I used a yellow onion chopped up. It is right up there with some of the best Jambalaya that I have ever had!!! Thank you NurseDi!!!
Easy and turned out well. I was surprised that there was no seasoning added other than salt an pepper, but the flavor was still good. More economical than recipes that call for shrimp. Everyone ate it and no complaints. I wasn't sure whether the tomatoes were supposed to be drained, but I didn't drain them and it was perfect (mine were diced).