Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I smoked this on my smoker but you can just add a touch of liquid smoke and bake in your oven or cook stove top. I used this Smokie Barbecue Sauce as the sauce ingredient called for.
- 32 ounces red kidney beans, canned rinsed and drained
- 16 ounces pinto beans, canned rinsed and drained
- 3⁄4 cup light molasses
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- Add all ingredients to a dutch oven and heat for 15 minutes.
- place in a smoker for 1-2 hours uncovered using your favorite wood chips stirring a couple times.