6 hrs 10 mins
Chef #400783aka pat's Note:
I found this in Woman's Day magazine. The pork has a great rub and is cooked in chicken broth, which with added ingredients, make a terrific sauce to pour over meat. With the temp hitting 100 this was just what I was looking for served with cold slaw, corn and great pickles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) boneless pork butt or 1 (2 1/2 lb) pork shoulder
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 6 hamburger buns or 6 any soft rolls
- 1In small bowl stir 1 tbsp of the sugar, paprika, chili powder, cumin, and pepper; set aside.
- 2Lay pork on plastic wrap and rub all sides with the spice rub.
- 3Wrap in the plastic wrap refrigerate for 1 hour of overnight.
- 4Unwrap and place in slow cooker with chicken broth. Cook on high for 6 hours and low for 8 hours.
- 5Remove pork and cut into 6 sections and allow to cool 20 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- 6Pour cooking liquid into small saucepan add vinegar, ketchup and remaining brown sugar. Cook until sugar dissolved about 2 minutes using forks or your hands pull meat apart into shreds discarding excess fat.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 869.5
- Calories from Fat 433
- Total Fat 48.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 187.1 mg
- Sodium 595.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 61.0 g