Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this in our local paper and I've only made this once. I used my own home made sauce and served it with home made herb bread. It was really good and I will serve it again as it's something quick and hot to fix. It also stated for variety, layer sliced or chopped and cooked vegetables such as zucchini squash, onion, tomato or mushrooms. I'll add the mushrooms next time.
- 1 lb lean hamburger (90% at least)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (or your favorite home made)
- 1 (8 ounce) package pasta, with ruffled edges (pasta ribbons, campanella or any small noodle resembling mini lasagna)
- 8 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta in boiling water according to package directions brown lean hamburger in a large nonstick skillet.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Add spaghetti sauce and simmer about 5 minutes.
- When pasta is cooked, drain rinse with hot water.
- Transfer the meat sauce to another large container.
- Place 1/2 of the pasta in the skillet and spread evenly.
- Pour 1/2 of the meat sauce over the pasta and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the chesse over meat sauce.
- Repeat with another layer of the remaining pasta, meat sauce and grated cheese.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and let stand 2-3 minutes before serving.
- Serve with your favorite garlic bread.
Made this 3 weeks ago and froze the left overs. Had them for dinner tonight and they were wonderful. I took the advice of another reviewer and added the cottage cheese. Super easy and yummy for a week night dinner. I didn't mess up every pan and dish in the house to make this. I'll be taking the rest in my lunch tomorrow. Thanks for the post.
Filling and very tasty. This is a quick, one dish meal that is super simple. I added mushrooms and garlic salt. Ricotta cheese would also be a good addition (more like real lasagna). Thanks for sharing. I'll be making this one again.
WOW! I was a little skeptical, but after we sat down and I had my first bite, I was won over! I used marinara sauce and it was terrific! Next time I will add mushrooms because we really like them. It was so easy, I may never make real lasagne again!!! Thanks so much!!!