Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this in our local paper and I've only made this once. I used my own home made sauce and served it with home made herb bread. It was really good and I will serve it again as it's something quick and hot to fix. It also stated for variety, layer sliced or chopped and cooked vegetables such as zucchini squash, onion, tomato or mushrooms. I'll add the mushrooms next time.
- Cook pasta in boiling water according to package directions brown lean hamburger in a large nonstick skillet.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Add spaghetti sauce and simmer about 5 minutes.
- When pasta is cooked, drain rinse with hot water.
- Transfer the meat sauce to another large container.
- Place 1/2 of the pasta in the skillet and spread evenly.
- Pour 1/2 of the meat sauce over the pasta and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the chesse over meat sauce.
- Repeat with another layer of the remaining pasta, meat sauce and grated cheese.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and let stand 2-3 minutes before serving.
- Serve with your favorite garlic bread.