Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is by far the best chicken salad I have eaten/made. You can always add fruit like grapes or nuts to you to your liking. I get alot of compliments on this every time I make it! Enjoy!
- Boil chicken until it starts falling apart (about an hour or so).
- Take chicken out to cool and sprinkle on the garlic and onion powder,celery seed & basil-set in fridge.
- Boil the eggs for about 30 minutes or so-can boil in same water as chicken.
- Take eggs out and set in strainer under cold water until cooled.
- Take chicken out of fridge and start shredding with fork and knife.
- Peel eggs and chop into chicken (I usually don't put in all the yolk part).
- Add the mayo, relish, lemon juice, and honey.
- Mix well, cover and put in fridge to get cold and set.
- Enjoy on crackers or a sandwich!
This is a wonderful simple quick recipe. The only complaint I have is that the lemon juice and celery seed somewhat over power everything else.....other than that it's wonderful.
YUM YUM YUM,I must agree with you on one thing,I too think this is the best chicken salad I have ever eaten,I did add grapes to it,and to me that just topped it off.I left out the eggs and added some celery,Great chicken salad!!! Thanks,Darlene
Thoroughly enjoyed this recipe! We did not add the eggs (accidently left them out) and looking back, I think it was even better without them. Will maker this again for sure.