Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I absolutely love this stuff! We live about an hour away from Branson and go to silver dollar city at least once or twice a year and I always get this when I am there. I'm glad I found this from www.foodchannel.com.
- 1 lb okra, lightly breaded
- 8 ounces frozen whole kernel corn (Fresh corn is certainly an option in this recipe)
- 8 ounces summer squash
- 8 ounces diced or chunked chicken (pre-cooked)
- 4 ounces green peppers
- 4 ounces onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- butter-flavored vegetable oil, as needed
- Saute onions and peppers with butter flavored vegetable oil. Remove from the skillet.
- Saute chicken in the same skillet with oil. Remove after heating thoroughly.
- Saute corn and squash in the same skillet with oil. Remove.
- Fry okra in skillet until golden brown.
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- When okra is done, begin adding all the ingredients back into the skillet until reheated to desired temperature.
I doubled this and it was great. I am not a cook but am learning to cook in a dutch oven. It was very simple to do.